Sterling Homes offers architectural design services in the Greater Boston, Massachusetts region through working withexperienced, registered architects. We have a well established design-build process that takes you through the design process from concept through detailed construction drawings.
Our Architectural Design-Build Process
- Initial consultation with homeowners to discuss the project, design concerns, and budgeting.
- Site investigation.
- Document existing conditions, floor plans and elevations.
- Preliminary zoning and code analysis.
2. Schematic Design
- Schematic design sketches, floor plans and elevations.
- Preliminary cost analysis and budget development.
- Revise one floor plan and develop elevations.
- Revise cost analysis and budget development.
- Decide on design scheme and budget.
3. Design Development
- Revise schematic design sketches.
- Develop floor plans, exterior elevations, sections, interior elevations.
- Selection of finishes and materials, showroom visits.
- Subcontractor quotes and further budget development.
- Final design scheme, detailed specifications, and revised fixed cost estimate.
- Sign the Construction Contract.
- Construction/permit drawings.
- Permit acquisition.
4. Construction Process
- See Our Process/Construction for more details.